Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot Chart won't refresh!

After creating Pivot tables and charts, I added more data to the master
sheet. Then selected a cell in a pivot table and hit Refresh. The screen
bounced a little as the cell sizes changed but the data remained the same.
What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Make sure all the new data is included in the pivot table source. There
are instructions here for creating a dynamic data source for the pivot
table:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html#Dynamic

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need to update the data range for the pivot table. I know in 97-2003
you would select any cell in the pivot table then Data, Pivot Table Report,
and click the back button once. This lets you specify the new range. Not
certain the steps in 2007

I actually use the Spreadsheet Assistant to do the above. Its a product I
sell. It has a feature to expand the pivot data range and works in all
Excel versions.

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com