Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KDG KDG is offline

Default URGENT! Retain format of cells in pivot table upon refresh

I would like to retain the format of the cells (I want the alignment and
column width to remain the same) when I refresh the pivot table. Each time I
refresh the formating goes back to the default setting. Is there a way to
lock the format of the sheet and still be able to refresh the data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click on a cell in the pivot table, and choose Table Options
Remove the check mark from AutoFormat table
Add a check mark to Preserve formatting
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem, in 2003, and the suggested steps do not work. I get
random date formats, font colour and weight change, and column widths have a
life of their own.

I have come to the conclusion that it is programmer, not user, error.