Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Couple of Macro Questions

Hi All,

Pretty new to this but been having a play with a simple macro that resets
column width, row depth, print settings etc of a spreadsheet that has been
exported from Access. A couple of questions:-

1. When I record a macro there used to be a stop button. Its gone!! I know I
can still stop the macro in the menu but what have I done to cause the stop
button to disappear and can I get it back?

2. Can I edit recorded macro?

Thanks for any help.
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bill" wrote in message
Hi All,

Pretty new to this but been having a play with a simple macro that resets
column width, row depth, print settings etc of a spreadsheet that has been
exported from Access. A couple of questions:-

1. When I record a macro there used to be a stop button. Its gone!! I know
I can still stop the macro in the menu but what have I done to cause the
stop button to disappear and can I get it back?

Start recording another macro, then goto ToolsCustomise and select the
Toolbars tab, then check the Stop Recording checkbox

And don't close it by hitting the "X" when recording a macro or you will
lose it again.

2. Can I edit recorded macro?

Of course, it is just a macro Go to the VBIDE (Alt-F11), and edit it as
normal.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Bill

There is a "Stop Recording" toolbar that apparently is not visible.
Under View-Tool Bars you should see it when you are recording a macro.

You will find that recording a macro is a great start, but, most of
the time you will need to make significant edits to record macros to
optimize them.

Good luck.

Ken

On Dec 16, 1:23*pm, "Bill" wrote:
Hi All,

Pretty new to this but been having a play with a simple macro that resets
column width, row depth, print settings etc of a spreadsheet that has been
exported from Access. A couple of questions:-

1. When I record a macro there used to be a stop button. Its gone!! I know I
can still stop the macro in the menu but what have I done to cause the stop
button to disappear and can I get it back?

2. Can I edit recorded macro?

Thanks for any help.
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

"Bill" wrote in message
Hi All,

Pretty new to this but been having a play with a simple macro that resets
column width, row depth, print settings etc of a spreadsheet that has
been exported from Access. A couple of questions:-

1. When I record a macro there used to be a stop button. Its gone!! I
know I can still stop the macro in the menu but what have I done to cause
the stop button to disappear and can I get it back?

Start recording another macro, then goto ToolsCustomise and select the
Toolbars tab, then check the Stop Recording checkbox

And don't close it by hitting the "X" when recording a macro or you will
lose it again.

2. Can I edit recorded macro?

Of course, it is just a macro Go to the VBIDE (Alt-F11), and edit it as
normal.

Thanks, can I edit that macro by recording the edit or do I have to enter it
manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You cannot run VBA when in Edit mode so you have to edit manually in the
VBE..

After recording, go to ToolsMacroMacros. Select the macro by name and
"Edit"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP