Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't Save File

I just received an Excel 2007 file from a colleague. I have Excel 2003, so I
converted it and did quite a bit of work on it this afternoon. Now I am
trying to save it and I am getting an error message. I can't save this file
to any directory. I looked in the directory where I originally stored it and
saw some kid of tmp file with the name of the workbook that I worked on, and
this extension .xls~RF32753c.TMP. What the heck is this thing? It is
preventing me from saving this file and resending to my colleague. I can't
delete the file; I get a message that the 'file is currently in use'. I
can't save this file as a 2003 excel file. It seems like I have no control
of it whatsoever!

--
RyGuy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure what that TMP file is, but a question... Save isn't working,
but what about Save As... does that not work either?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ryguy7272" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't email the file... I get 'catastrophic error' messages over and
over... I am not a fan of any 2007 apps. I've been using 2003 for a few
years now, and I'm totally loving it! Now...with 2007...there seems to be so
many problems...where do you start???

Does anyone have a solution that may save me a few hours of redoing
something that has already been done?

There are a few UserForms and some code in this workbook; I'm trying to
preserve this stuff...

Thanks,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I just received an Excel 2007 file from a colleague. I have Excel 2003, so I
converted it and did quite a bit of work on it this afternoon. Now I am
trying to save it and I am getting an error message. I can't save this file
to any directory. I looked in the directory where I originally stored it and
saw some kid of tmp file with the name of the workbook that I worked on, and
this extension .xls~RF32753c.TMP. What the heck is this thing? It is
preventing me from saving this file and resending to my colleague. I can't
delete the file; I get a message that the 'file is currently in use'. I
can't save this file as a 2003 excel file. It seems like I have no control
of it whatsoever!

--
RyGuy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If my Save As suggestion didn't work, can you right click on those modules,
user forms and sheets with code (all located in the left hand tree listing)
and export each of them? If not, you could always start up Notepad,
copy/paste each code window with code in it into the Notepad text area and
then label where that code came from (and then Save the Notepad text)...
this would at least allow you to save all your changes so that you could
reconstruct them when you get the load/save problem straightened out.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ryguy7272" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't save, can't save as... All save options result in the following
message popping up 'Document not saved'. I think i can export the Forms and
code and such things, but it's just time consuming and I think this is the
second time this happened today...had s similar incident with a UserForm,
from a 2007 Excel file, not loading earlier today.

Thanks,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy