Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Can't Save File

I just received an Excel 2007 file from a colleague. I have Excel 2003, so I
converted it and did quite a bit of work on it this afternoon. Now I am
trying to save it and I am getting an error message. I can't save this file
to any directory. I looked in the directory where I originally stored it and
saw some kid of tmp file with the name of the workbook that I worked on, and
this extension .xls~RF32753c.TMP. What the heck is this thing? It is
preventing me from saving this file and resending to my colleague. I can't
delete the file; I get a message that the 'file is currently in use'. I
can't save this file as a 2003 excel file. It seems like I have no control
of it whatsoever!

--
RyGuy