Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Exporting to DB2 Database

Can I use VBA code to export data in an Excel (2003) workbook into a DB2
database? If so, does anyone have a website where I can go to learn how to
do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do it all the time... The only trick is that you do it via ADODB
Recordsets... Do you have any experience with ADODB??? I have a pile of code
that you can use but it would really help if you understood ADODB.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Paige" wrote:

Can I use VBA code to export data in an Excel (2003) workbook into a DB2
database? If so, does anyone have a website where I can go to learn how to
do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oh, wow - not a clue Jim....but guess will have to learn - need to make sure
I'm a valuable employee, so can keep my job; boss has mentioned the need for
this! So will have to get on the web and find some basic educational
materials. There appear to be lots of books on ADO programming - do you by
chance know of any that might be good for a beginner? The ADO Programming
for Dummies is 460 pages - but it was published in 2000; there is also a book
called ADO Programming in Visual Basic 6 (published 1999) - wouldn't these be
way out of date?

Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing all your code, I'd be happy to receive
it, even tho I certainly won't be able to do much until I learn something
first.

"Paige" wrote:

Can I use VBA code to export data in an Excel (2003) workbook into a DB2
database? If so, does anyone have a website where I can go to learn how to
do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

All of my code uses DSN's to connect. Do a bit of research on DSN's to get
started...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Paige" wrote:

Can I use VBA code to export data in an Excel (2003) workbook into a DB2
database? If so, does anyone have a website where I can go to learn how to
do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks; will do. There is some code already in my tool that is used to
download data from a DB2 database into the tool, but now I need to go in
reverse - get data out of the tool into the db. Will do some
researching/reading. Have a good one.