Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Exporting Cell Values Only To A Database

Hi Michelle

What mail program do you use?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Michelle" wrote in message ...
Me Again!

I have created a survey in excel that users have a hyperlink to for responding to and when they submit the survey it sends a file

with their name, date and questions and results to my e-mail box. I would like to add visual basic code that will break appart the
file name to extract their name, and the date and then the question numbers and the answers into an access database (where the
survey name and questions are stored and each record would contain all the answers from one survey).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this or where to start?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I use MS outlook, but I do not want to import directly into a database without reviewing the survey. The survey results file come back as an excel file attachment not in outlook format. What I want to do is embbed VB in the excel survey sent out, that when I open the results Excel file and perform a quick scan and sanity check myself, I would like to then execute the other VB code to deposite the results into an access database for statisical results calculations and sorting etc. Sorry for any confusion my initial question may have containe

Michelle

----- Ron de Bruin wrote: ----

Hi Michell

What mail program do you use

--
Regards Ron de Brui
http://www.rondebruin.n

"Michelle" wrote in message ..
Me Again
I have created a survey in excel that users have a hyperlink to for responding to and when they submit the survey it sends a fil

with their name, date and questions and results to my e-mail box. I would like to add visual basic code that will break appart th
file name to extract their name, and the date and then the question numbers and the answers into an access database (where th
survey name and questions are stored and each record would contain all the answers from one survey)
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this or where to start

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this examples Michelle
http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...php?t=envbadac

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Michelle" wrote in message ...

I use MS outlook, but I do not want to import directly into a database without reviewing the survey. The survey results

file come back as an excel file attachment not in outlook format. What I want to do is embbed VB in the excel survey sent out, that
when I open the results Excel file and perform a quick scan and sanity check myself, I would like to then execute the other VB code
to deposite the results into an access database for statisical results calculations and sorting etc. Sorry for any confusion my
initial question may have contained

Michelle

----- Ron de Bruin wrote: -----

Hi Michelle