Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Exporting to excel 2000 from online SQL database

I need to export a data table which I locate on an online application. When
I select to export this from another PC, usually a box appears, prompting me
to open data in excel workbook. On my laptop however this does not happen, a
new internet explorer window is opened with a replication of the webpage (and
not the data).

I have office 2000 on my laptop. Could someone please advise how I can
resolve this problem.