Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Listing / comparing macros

I have quite an extensive "Library" of routines / macros in an Add-In (.xla).

However, I use three (unconnected) computers, each having the Library, and
tweaks that I may carry out I save - but I need occasionally to compare the
three different versions of the Library, and modify each to make them all the
same.

I can save each of the 37 modules (each with perhaps a dozen routines) as a
text file (on each computer), then load each module in turn (in pairs) into
WORD for comparison.... but it's a l-o-o-o-n-g process !

Is there a way that I can dump the entire library at once, rather than
module by module ?

Any other suggestions ?

Regards

Robin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have just realised that Chip Pearson was kind enough to give me a partial
solution in February last year in this Discussion Group. He wrote:-
---------------------
You can't Export multiple modules to a single text file. Moreover, except
for archiving purposes, there is little use for combining all the code into
a single file. The reason are that you cannot later Import the code to the
VBProject. The code in the output file will be imported into a single module
file, not broken out into the various modules whence it came. Also, you will
lose the Attribute statements. These are compiler directives that are not
visible within the VBA Editor but control aspects of a module or class.

That said, the following will dump all the code from the ActiveWorkbook into
a single text file.....
However.... while that "did what it said on the tin", i.e. it dumped all the
code from the ActiveWorkbook into a single text file - what I need is ditto
for my .xla file.

Regards

Robin