Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add ins not loading on existing workbooks

I have some add ins I have been using for a few months at another job.
I brought them to my new job and they work fine on existing new
workbooks. But they do not load in existing workbooks. the add ins are
checked in the add in manager and the VBA code is open if you go into
the VBA editor but the add ins will not work from the keyboard
shortcut or by doing Macros..... and typing the name in the run box.
They work fine if I start them from within the VBA code. They run fine
from new workbooks via the keyboard shortcut I assigned.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 31, 8:21 am, wrote:
I have some add ins I have been using for a few months at another job.
I brought them to my new job and they work fine on existing new
workbooks. But they do not load in existing workbooks. the add ins are
checked in the add in manager and the VBA code is open if you go into
the VBA editor but the add ins will not work from the keyboard
shortcut or by doing Macros..... and typing the name in the run box.
They work fine if I start them from within the VBA code. They run fine
from new workbooks via the keyboard shortcut I assigned.

Any ideas?

Check the path of the addin loaded vs the addin refered to by
workbook. Since you changed jobs the path may be different.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 31, 11:28*am, dbKemp wrote:
On Oct 31, 8:21 am, wrote:

I have some add ins I have been using for a few months at another job.
I brought them to my new job and they work fine on existing new
workbooks. But they do not load in existing workbooks. the add ins are
checked in the add in manager and the VBA code is open if you go into
the VBA editor but the add ins will not work from the keyboard
shortcut or by doing Macros..... and typing the name in the run box.
They work fine if I start them from within the VBA code. They run fine
from new workbooks via the keyboard shortcut I assigned.

Any ideas?

Check the path of the addin loaded vs the addin refered to by
workbook. *Since you changed jobs the path may be different.

There is no path refered to in the work book. I have an .xla file that
I loaded with the add in manager. It is checked and the VBA code show
up in the editor I just cant figure out what is stopping certain
workbooks from running it unless I manually run the code from the VBA
editor. Security of the workbook is set to low, Is there anything else
that may be stopping it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 31, 8:21 am, wrote:

[...]

In VBE:
Is the addin referenced via Tools/References for each workbook?
If so, when you click on the reference you see a Location below the
list of references. This may be different.
If not, find the addin in the list, or browse for the addin so that is
referenced by the workbook