Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting worksheets, existing and new, in existing workbooks

Hi, not sure if my 1st message posted ok, but in any case, my question
relates to what the best method would be to format each worksheet the same
(i.e. same page layout, orientation, header) in any given workbook that has
information already saved on it, and have the same formatting for when a new
worksheet is added. I have severak workbooks that require their own specific
editing, thus i need to avoid a mass default of specific parameters.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the sheets to format (click on the first sheet and shift click on the
last sheet to select contiguous worksheets, or click on the first sheet and
Control + Click to select non-contiguous sheets) to turn Group Mode on and
then add the formatting as needed as well as any common formulas. Formatting
and formulas are placed in all selected worksheets.

When finished right click on any selected worksheet tab and selet UNGROUP
SHEETS.

--
Kevin Backmann

"G. Dagger" wrote:

Hi, not sure if my 1st message posted ok, but in any case, my question
relates to what the best method would be to format each worksheet the same
(i.e. same page layout, orientation, header) in any given workbook that has
information already saved on it, and have the same formatting for when a new
worksheet is added. I have severak workbooks that require their own specific
editing, thus i need to avoid a mass default of specific parameters.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Kevin, just one more thing however, when i add a new worksheet the
default parameters are still there. Is there anyway for a new worksheet to
reflect the changes automatically?

"G. Dagger" wrote:

Hi, not sure if my 1st message posted ok, but in any case, my question
relates to what the best method would be to format each worksheet the same
(i.e. same page layout, orientation, header) in any given workbook that has
information already saved on it, and have the same formatting for when a new
worksheet is added. I have severak workbooks that require their own specific
editing, thus i need to avoid a mass default of specific parameters.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could keep a blank worksheet fully formatted w/formulas in place and use
it as a template. When you need a new worksheet just make a copy of the the
template sheet by right clicking on the tab and selecting move or copy.
Click the check box that says MAKE COPY and you're set to go.
--
Kevin Backmann

"G. Dagger" wrote:

Hi, not sure if my 1st message posted ok, but in any case, my question
relates to what the best method would be to format each worksheet the same
(i.e. same page layout, orientation, header) in any given workbook that has
information already saved on it, and have the same formatting for when a new
worksheet is added. I have severak workbooks that require their own specific
editing, thus i need to avoid a mass default of specific parameters.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See your first post for another response.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP