Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA code not working for my colleagues

Hi there hope someone can shed some light for me...

I have written some codes for preparing data and it works fine for me when
running on my pc, however, when my colleagues run the macro, it gives error
message for debug. First i thought it was the add-in but it wasn't...Then I
thought it was the workbooks are not in separate windows, but i have chosen
that option for them already...

The code is running until it hits the code:

Windows("GSTT File Preparation").Activate

Can someone tell me how I can resolve this please?

Thanks a lot :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suspect your fellows have opted to show file extensions while you have
not.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FileExtensions.aspx

--
Jim
"vivi" wrote in message
| Hi there hope someone can shed some light for me...
|
| I have written some codes for preparing data and it works fine for me when
| running on my pc, however, when my colleagues run the macro, it gives
error
| message for debug. First i thought it was the add-in but it wasn't...Then
| thought it was the workbooks are not in separate windows, but i have
chosen
| that option for them already...
|
| The code is running until it hits the code:
|
| Windows("GSTT File Preparation").Activate
|
| Can someone tell me how I can resolve this please?
|
| Thanks a lot :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

this works fine for me but errors without the extension

Windows("GSTT File Preparation.xls").Activate

Mike