Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert Row Data to Column Data

Hi,

I'm asking people to fill out data in a matrix format (see below), and I
need to convert it to row data that I will then import into Access.

Data Collection Format: -- There may or may not be data in columns C3 - C8

C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 C7 C8
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 D8
D9 D10 D11 D12

Wanted Data Format:

C1' C2' C3'
----------------------
D1 D2 D4
D1 D2 D8
D9 D10 D11
D9 D10 D12

The additional complications is that I only want to create a row for columns
C3 - C8 if that cell contains data.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to accomplish this programmatically in
Excel 2007? I'm expecting to have about 500 - 1000 rows initially, so
manually doing this is out of the question.

Thanks,

RocketDude