Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data=convert text to column

hello,
i have problem about csv format. when i open the document it open like below

121;1454;6555;5423

but I want to devide the column to the columns
(all data is devided to different column)

like this=121|1454|6555|5423|

I can do it manually by using
(veri=metni sütunlara dönüştür)

but I want it automatically

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Save your data first and use a copy of the file as follows......

Highlight the column A, the do Data TextToColumns and use the semicolon
as the delimiter....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"cisem" wrote:

hello,
i have problem about csv format. when i open the document it open like below

121;1454;6555;5423

but I want to devide the column to the columns
(all data is devided to different column)

like this=121|1454|6555|5423|

I can do it manually by using
(veri=metni sütunlara dönüştür)

but I want it automatically

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Have a look at Text to Columns under the DATA menu, if you have any problems
post back!

Regards!
Jean-Guy

"cisem" wrote:

hello,
i have problem about csv format. when i open the document it open like below

121;1454;6555;5423

but I want to devide the column to the columns
(all data is devided to different column)

like this=121|1454|6555|5423|

I can do it manually by using
(veri=metni sütunlara dönüştür)

but I want it automatically

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

What you are wanting then, will require a Macro, not just a formula or
procedure. The macro would need somewhere to reside, so would have to be in
a Master Workbook that you would open first, then retrieve the CSV file. If
that is the sort of solution you are looking for, post back and someone will
help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"cisem" wrote:

hello,
i have problem about csv format. when i open the document it open like below

121;1454;6555;5423

but I want to devide the column to the columns
(all data is devided to different column)

like this=121|1454|6555|5423|

I can do it manually by using
(veri=metni sütunlara dönüştür)

but I want it automatically

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check your Windows regional settings. If the list separator is set to
semi-colon, rather than comma, then it should open your CSV ([SC]SV?) file
the way you want.
--
David Biddulph

"cisem" wrote:

hello,
i have problem about csv format. when i open the document it open
like below

121;1454;6555;5423

but I want to devide the column to the columns
(all data is devided to different column)

like this=121|1454|6555|5423|

I can do it manually by using
(veri=metni sütunlara
dönüstür)