Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert row data to Column data...

I have data in a range A1:Z1. I want to copy this data to
a column, A2:A27. Suggestions or help is most
appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Click macro record: copy the range--paste special--
transpose.
Then see what the macro recorded.

I have data in a range A1:Z1. I want to copy this data to
a column, A2:A27. Suggestions or help is most
appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Randy
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub TransposeRange()
With ActiveSheet
.Range("A1:Z1").Copy
.Range("A2").PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False

HTH,
Dianne

In ,
Randy Lefferts typed:
I have data in a range A1:Z1. I want to copy this data to
a column, A2:A27. Suggestions or help is most
appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The macro recorder with a manual copy , pastespecial transpose is a good
recommendation - here is another if it fits your requirements.

Range("A2:A27").Value=Application.Transpose(Range( "A1:Z1"))

If you don't need formats and the cells contain constants or you don't want
constants not formulas.

Tom Ogilvy

"Randy Lefferts" wrote in message
I have data in a range A1:Z1. I want to copy this data to
a column, A2:A27. Suggestions or help is most
appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default GSS, Diane, Tom....Thank you !

Thank you, this will work great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
[b]The macro recorder with a manual copy , pastespecial transpose is
a good
recommendation - here is another if it fits your requirements.

Range("A2:A27").Value=Application.Transpose(Range( "A1:Z1"))

If you don't need formats and the cells contain constants or you
don't want
constants not formulas.

Tom Ogilvy

This works fine if you're only transposing one column of data. What
if it's a column of repeating data to convert into multiple columns?

name1
address1
phone#1
name2
address2
phone#2
name3
address3
phone#3
etc.... for the next few hundred rows to be converted to

name1 address1 phone#1
name2 address2........