Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro not working on different computer

I have a macro at work that does a weekly task of archiving files. It works
on my computer and another team members. However a different team took over
the task and the macro does not respond on their computer.

The strange thing is that other macros that I've written work on their
computer. But this one doesn't even respond.

The enable maro screen update comes up when you open the spreadsheet. I'm
not really sure what else it could be. It's not to do with them being on a
different network because the other macros work and this one does stop with a
bug. It just doesn't work.

Anyone got any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried stepping through the macro to see if any of the lines run and
what may be causing it to exit or stop early? To step through, click into
the macro in the vb editor and repeatedly press the F8 key.

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com

"carl" wrote in message
I have a macro at work that does a weekly task of archiving files. It
works
on my computer and another team members. However a different team took
over
the task and the macro does not respond on their computer.

The strange thing is that other macros that I've written work on their
computer. But this one doesn't even respond.

The enable maro screen update comes up when you open the spreadsheet. I'm
not really sure what else it could be. It's not to do with them being on
different network because the other macros work and this one does stop
with a
bug. It just doesn't work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's a very good question. Is possible that for some reason windows sees
that macro as corrupted even though the code is technically fine. This
happens a lot in windows macros, espcecially if the module gets lengthy.

I don't know if this will solve the issue, but something to try is to open
the macro from your computer that is functioning, copy the text of the macro
and paste into a Notepad, Wordpad on your computer. Save the file and email
to the employee whose computer isn't working. From their computer, completely
remove the old marco and save the Personal.xls file. Close all instances of
excel. If you want to be thorough, you can reboot. Once back up, transfer the
macro text from the note pad file into your the code section of the
spreadsheet and reattempt to run the macro.

Or since the macros are stored in the worksheet themselves, you can have the
employee delete their file, and you can re-attempt transferring the sheet to
them via a share drive, email, etc. and see if that make any difference.