Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I create my own functions in Microsoft Excell 2003

I am currently using excel to debug a program that I am writting. I want to
verify that the data is correct, but in order to do that I want to create a
compute distance function, which will take in 4 cells, which need to be in
order and return the distance.

My biggest hurdle is creating a custom function in Microsoft Excel 2003.
Especially given that when I use the help feature to accomplish this goal I
receive this message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Thanks for you help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Kevin, it is probably related to your spyware. Most of the postings that
I have seen have identified their spyware settings as the problem. If your
seurity software allows you to disable the spyware, without affecting the
virus scan and junk mail features, try disabling it and see if that cures the
problem.

"Kevin" wrote:

I am currently using excel to debug a program that I am writting. I want to
verify that the data is correct, but in order to do that I want to create a
compute distance function, which will take in 4 cells, which need to be in
order and return the distance.

My biggest hurdle is creating a custom function in Microsoft Excel 2003.
Especially given that when I use the help feature to accomplish this goal I
receive this message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Thanks for you help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am uncertain what you are recomminding that I do. It sounds like I should
disable my spyware. I am unwilling to throw out this software in order to
write custom functions in excell. If you are familiar with spybot s&d, would
you tell me how to change the settings so that these two pieces of software
may coexist.