Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Don is offline

Default "Move Several Cols Down One Row"

Howdy folks,

I have data in Cols A through F...about 6 to 7 thousand rows (varies). I'd
like to shift all data in Range B2 through F (LastRow) down one row. I know
I can do this with a copy/paste macro but was wondering if that is the best
way to accomplish this.

All comments appreciated,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

One way to do it:

Set StartCell = Range("B2")
Set LastCell = Range("F" & Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row)
Set ShiftRange = Range(StartCell, LastCell)

ShiftRange.Cut Destination:=StartCell.Offset(1, 0)

Regards,
Per

On 19 Sep., 03:10, Don wrote:
Howdy folks,

I have data in Cols A through F...about 6 to 7 thousand rows (varies). *I'd
like to shift all data in Range B2 through F (LastRow) *down one row. *I know
I can do this with a copy/paste macro but was wondering if that is the best
way to accomplish this.

All comments appreciated,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
if you are just shifting the entire 5 columns down 1 row, this might be the
easiest.

Range("B2:F2").Insert Shift:=xlDown

last row shouldn't be a factor.
regards
FSt1

"Don" wrote:

Howdy folks,

I have data in Cols A through F...about 6 to 7 thousand rows (varies). I'd
like to shift all data in Range B2 through F (LastRow) down one row. I know
I can do this with a copy/paste macro but was wondering if that is the best
way to accomplish this.

All comments appreciated,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Don is offline

Thanks for the quick replies.....always more than one way to accomplish a
goal. And, yes, all the rows in the desired cols can be shifted down, not a
problem.

Hope you both have a great weekend coming up....thanks again,

Don