Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Link to a sharepoint list

The are three parts to this. Using VBA I would like to:
1. Capture items in a sharepoint list and put them into an array for use on
an Excel worksheet
2. Capture the items in from a row in a sharepoint list and 3. manipulate
this data in Excel and put it back into the row into the sharepoint list again

PS I'm using Excel 2003 but can easily use 2007. Likewise the SP is 2003
MOSS but is about to be upgraded to 2007

Many thanks

James
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You do know that you can open a sharepoint list into Excel. One option under
Actions is EXPORT TO SPREADSHEET. You can edit the list (although I think
some fields are not editable) and once done, go to Data - List - Syncronize
List and it's back on Sharepoint.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:

The are three parts to this. Using VBA I would like to:
1. Capture items in a sharepoint list and put them into an array for use on
an Excel worksheet
2. Capture the items in from a row in a sharepoint list and 3. manipulate
this data in Excel and put it back into the row into the sharepoint list again

PS I'm using Excel 2003 but can easily use 2007. Likewise the SP is 2003
MOSS but is about to be upgraded to 2007

Many thanks

James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Barb

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in coming back to you I been
called away without access to the outside world.

The solution works well but looks very inelegant. Do you have any code that
allows me to capture the details of SP list into an XL array and update items
directly without having to go via the Exported worksheet

Many thanks

James

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

You do know that you can open a sharepoint list into Excel. One option under
Actions is EXPORT TO SPREADSHEET. You can edit the list (although I think
some fields are not editable) and once done, go to Data - List - Syncronize
List and it's back on Sharepoint.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:

The are three parts to this. Using VBA I would like to:
1. Capture items in a sharepoint list and put them into an array for use on
an Excel worksheet
2. Capture the items in from a row in a sharepoint list and 3. manipulate
this data in Excel and put it back into the row into the sharepoint list again

PS I'm using Excel 2003 but can easily use 2007. Likewise the SP is 2003
MOSS but is about to be upgraded to 2007

Many thanks

James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, I don't do this enough and do the same types of things over and over to
have created any code.

Barb Reinhardt

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

You do know that you can open a sharepoint list into Excel. One option under
Actions is EXPORT TO SPREADSHEET. You can edit the list (although I think
some fields are not editable) and once done, go to Data - List - Syncronize
List and it's back on Sharepoint.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt