Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link Excel (2007) to a Sharepoint List

I have a list in Sharepoint 2007, that I would like to access in excel 2007,
specifically, to do Vlookups on the data in the sharepoint table/list.

Is this possible? I would presume I would have link the sharepoint list to
my excel worksheet, but have not been able to figure out how to do this (I do
this already with Access 2007, and was looking for something similar).

Oddly, I can find help info on Unlinking Sharepoint tables, but nothing on
the "linking" side.

Thanks for any help!

Patk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

PatK,

I think we (at work) are on SharePoint (unsure of the version). From my
limited work experience you should be able to download a file into a database
or export it into Excel from the "actions" bottun. I hope that helps.

Kurtis

"PatK" wrote:

I have a list in Sharepoint 2007, that I would like to access in excel 2007,
specifically, to do Vlookups on the data in the sharepoint table/list.

Is this possible? I would presume I would have link the sharepoint list to
my excel worksheet, but have not been able to figure out how to do this (I do
this already with Access 2007, and was looking for something similar).

Oddly, I can find help info on Unlinking Sharepoint tables, but nothing on
the "linking" side.

Thanks for any help!

Patk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kurtis!

We definitely can do this, in fact, we do today. What I was hoping to be
able to do is bypass the export/import step. For example, in MS Access, you
can link directly to the SP, and even edit it from inside Access (although I
am not looking to do this with excel...I just want access to the data, and be
able to bypass the import).

It seems so odd that the Help files explain how to unlink a sharepoint, but
not how to link a sharepoint. Alas.

Patk