Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Wiz Wiz is offline

Default VBA Converter

Hi All
I was called in to an old workplace this week to do some data gathering from
old excel worksheets (I think 97) and the VBA I had written to gather the
data originally was going to be of great benefit!! When I opened the first
spreadsheet in Excel 2007, to my horror there was an error message saying I
had to get a VBA converter and all VBA code would be lost. I went looking
for such a converter and couldn't find one. Geez, can't Microsoft read or
convert their own stuff. I am seriously annoyed, one of 65,565 other times
I've been really annoyed with these people over the last 20 years.

Can anyone please help, I need this code, I don't want to write it all over
again!
I have a deadline to meet.

Thanks in anticipation.
Wiz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never heard of such a thing. I frequently use old code without needing a
converter; at worst sometimes an old command needs its parameters adjusted.
Was there an error message? Had you tried running any of the old code? Or is
a little gremlin causing you grief?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Wiz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have seeing the same error message microsoft posted on this page

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926430

And cannot find "VBA Converter Pack for Microsoft Office Excel 2007"

online concierge cannot help either.

Anybody get it from microsoft?

Angelina

"Wiz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Microsoft doesn't even seem to know anything about the converters. There is
one download page for VBA converters, for Excel 5/95 VBA macros that need to
run on a Mac.

The KB article you've cited seems to be for converting Excel 5/05 macros to
any "modern" version of Excel. Which I never knew to be a problem. And the
article says to search the Microsoft site, when there should be links right
on that page.

I would suggest opening the file in an intermediate version of Excel, 2003
if possible, and saving it in .xls Excel 97-2003 format (not in Excel 5/95
format).

- Jon
-------