Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ben Ben is offline

Default Add-in load up

Hi all,

I forget how to do this, but how do I disable a third party addin
fromloading up when Excel launches. I have a adobe pdf and hummingbird addin
that loads into Excel. Unfortunately they do't show up in Excel's addin box
for deselect, so I can't disable it from there.

How can I disable it from loading? Also, apparently one of these addin
caused my Excel's X (close) box on the top right corner of the window to be
greyed out too. Any thoughts on this as well?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paste this code in standard module & run it. It should find all Installed
AddIns & gives you the option to uninstall if required.

Hope helps.

Sub CheckAddIns()
For Each ad In Application.AddIns
If ad.Installed = True Then
msg = MsgBox("AddIn Name: " & ad.Name & Chr(10) & " " & _
"Do You Want To UnInstall This AddIn?", _
36, "AddIns")
If msg = 6 Then
ad.Installed = False
msg = MsgBox("AddIn Name: " & ad.Name & Chr(10) & " " & _
"Has Been UnInstalled", vbInformation, "AddIns")
Next
jb

"Ben" wrote:

Hi all,

I forget how to do this, but how do I disable a third party addin
fromloading up when Excel launches. I have a adobe pdf and hummingbird addin
that loads into Excel. Unfortunately they do't show up in Excel's addin box
for deselect, so I can't disable it from there.

How can I disable it from loading? Also, apparently one of these addin
caused my Excel's X (close) box on the top right corner of the window to be
greyed out too. Any thoughts on this as well?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ben Ben is offline

John,

It worked great!

Thanks,

Ben
--

"Ben" wrote:

Hi all,

I forget how to do this, but how do I disable a third party addin
fromloading up when Excel launches. I have a adobe pdf and hummingbird addin
that loads into Excel. Unfortunately they do't show up in Excel's addin box
for deselect, so I can't disable it from there.

How can I disable it from loading? Also, apparently one of these addin
caused my Excel's X (close) box on the top right corner of the window to be
greyed out too. Any thoughts on this as well?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Load Dll Lisandro Oliveira Excel Programming 5 February 22nd 07 11:17 AM
On load Robert_DubYa Excel Programming 5 May 12th 06 08:58 PM
Cannot load book12 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 11th 05 12:01 AM
XLA will not load [email protected] Excel Programming 1 October 27th 04 05:46 PM
How to load another XLL in the XLL? Michael[_18_] Excel Programming 0 October 18th 03 01:49 PM