Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stopping Outlook alerts from Excel when emailing

I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

i have one file which will email several files out to different email
addresses, however, the annoying prompt from Outlook keeps popping up warning
about viruses.

how do i suppress this again. i don't believe it was as simple as turning
the application.displayalerts to false.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

HI,

I think 1 way to bypass the prompt is to lower your macro security level in
Outlook (tools macros security..) to either medium or low. (Obvoiusly not
recommended)

The other solution I think is to self sign your macro with a digital
certificate. This is done via Tools macros visual basic editor, then in
he tools digital signature. Find more details in this link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.10).aspx

You can also outlook redemption which is free.
http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/

HTH,
--
Tausif Mohammed

"Steven Cheng" wrote:

I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

i have one file which will email several files out to different email
addresses, however, the annoying prompt from Outlook keeps popping up warning
about viruses.

how do i suppress this again. i don't believe it was as simple as turning
the application.displayalerts to false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For other options see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Steven Cheng" wrote:

I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

i have one file which will email several files out to different email
addresses, however, the annoying prompt from Outlook keeps popping up warning
about viruses.

how do i suppress this again. i don't believe it was as simple as turning
the application.displayalerts to false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Great set of CDO examples on your site. Very insightful.

Cheers,
--
Tausif Mohammed