-   -   Stopping Outlook alerts from Excel when emailing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/414965-stopping-outlook-alerts-excel-when-emailing.html)

Steven Cheng

Stopping Outlook alerts from Excel when emailing

I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

i have one file which will email several files out to different email
addresses, however, the annoying prompt from Outlook keeps popping up warning
about viruses.

how do i suppress this again. i don't believe it was as simple as turning
the application.displayalerts to false.

Tausif

Stopping Outlook alerts from Excel when emailing

HI,

I think 1 way to bypass the prompt is to lower your macro security level in
Outlook (tools macros security..) to either medium or low. (Obvoiusly not
recommended)

The other solution I think is to self sign your macro with a digital
certificate. This is done via Tools macros visual basic editor, then in
he tools digital signature. Find more details in this link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.10).aspx

You can also outlook redemption which is free.
http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/

HTH,
--
Tausif Mohammed

"Steven Cheng" wrote:

I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

i have one file which will email several files out to different email
addresses, however, the annoying prompt from Outlook keeps popping up warning
about viruses.

how do i suppress this again. i don't believe it was as simple as turning
the application.displayalerts to false.

Ron de Bruin

Stopping Outlook alerts from Excel when emailing

For other options see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Steven Cheng" wrote:

I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

i have one file which will email several files out to different email
addresses, however, the annoying prompt from Outlook keeps popping up warning
about viruses.

how do i suppress this again. i don't believe it was as simple as turning
the application.displayalerts to false.

Tausif

Stopping Outlook alerts from Excel when emailing

Hi Ron,

Great set of CDO examples on your site. Very insightful.

Cheers,
--
Tausif Mohammed