Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I create pivot table with just one label column?

In excel 2003 I make extensive use of pivot tables to make summaries.

What I've never found a way to do is have a single label column on the
left for multiple levels.

Eg, if I create a table by Department and Service on the left I always
get:

Column1 - Department
Column 2 - Service

When I really want a single column more like sub totals:

Column1

Service
Service
Department Total
Service
Service
Department Total

This is much more compact for presenting in documents, but I have to
manually adjust
it into this format.

Am I missing any trick to get pivots to change to such a layout?

Any help appreciated.

Mike