Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy and Paste Pain

Hi,
1) I am not exactly sure why you intend to copy the data since in any case
you do not plan to paste it immediately. Why not "Go do something else" ,
copy data & then paste it immediately.
2) If you still want it the your way, you can try copying data to the
windows clipboard (instead of office clipboard) & check if it works. Check
the link below
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboard.htm

HTH
--
Tausif Mohammed

"k1sr" wrote:

I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this problem, but why on earth is
Excel the only Office program which doesn't allow you to copy a selection, go
and do something else, then paste the data...?

Is there any way (with script) that I can copy a range of cells from Excel
such that they are stored in the clipboard (like a table) allowing me to go
and do something else and paste the data at any time (without having to keep
the little dotted border around the range I copied)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tausif,

Pearson's usually got some good answers - I didn't try him first...

I like to keep my questions simple, rather than explaining the full reason
behind "Go do something else" (sometimes if I give too much information,
perople give really unhelpful answers)

Cheers

"k1sr" wrote:

I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this problem, but why on earth is
Excel the only Office program which doesn't allow you to copy a selection, go
and do something else, then paste the data...?

Is there any way (with script) that I can copy a range of cells from Excel
such that they are stored in the clipboard (like a table) allowing me to go
and do something else and paste the data at any time (without having to keep
the little dotted border around the range I copied)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pearson, wasn't quite there - I'm trying to cope a rang of cells, rather
than just the contents of one...

The reason I need to do this is that I have a protected worksheet, from
which I allow the user to copy a section of data (using a command button) -
to do this, the sheet needs to be un-protected, the section copied, then
pasted, then re-protected... Ideally I'd like the sheet to be protected again
before the user has to paste the data - the issue here is that once the sheet
is protected again, the copied selection disappears... I have used a message
box to place a break after copying, allowing the user to paste the selection
into anything other than excel, however I want them to also be able to paste
the data into excel, which can't be done, as excel cannot be used until the
ok button is pressed, thus re-protecting the sheet and uncopying the data...

Catch 22