Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Verifying a worksheet has no dependants

I am dealing with a large workbook, created by soeone else - i'm sure
many of you have been tehre.

Anyway, it seems to me that many of the worksheets contain unused
functionality.

What would be the best way to determine if no other worksheets were
dependant on one worksheet in particular.

I thought about using the nuilt in trace dependents / precedents
functions, but it doesn't seem reasonable to traverse an entire
worksheet, which may have hudreds of thousands of cells within the
sued range.

The list that i've been going through at the moment is:

- search the entire workbook, looking in formulas, for the worksheet
name in question.
- search the entire workbook for any named ranges that are defined on
the the worksheet.
- check the VBA code for the two above (slightly trickier, as it may
well be referenced but ahve to work out if it is actually used).

I'm worried about the length of the list - it seems a bit short, so if
any replies on ommissions would be appreciated.

And any prompts on a programmatic solution taht people have found
useful would be great.

Cheers

Brz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Edit Links. All controls should be there. I can't think of anything else,
unless you are using code to control the process, and then you have to read
through the code to see what is going on.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy