Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding a commandbutton in Excel 2003

How do I add a commandbutton in Excel 2003 and modify its
characteristics? I have pasted a commandbutton from the control group
and modified its caption. I am not able to change its font name, size
or make it bold.
Also, how do I attach macro code to it to cause it to execute. I am
trying to translate a task given to Excel 2007 users.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Go in design mode and then right-click the commandbutton to go to the
Properties.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"HappySenior" wrote:

How do I add a commandbutton in Excel 2003 and modify its
characteristics? I have pasted a commandbutton from the control group
and modified its caption. I am not able to change its font name, size
or make it bold.
Also, how do I attach macro code to it to cause it to execute. I am
trying to translate a task given to Excel 2007 users.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"HappySenior" wrote:
How do I add a commandbutton in Excel 2003 and modify its
characteristics? I have pasted a commandbutton from the control group
and modified its caption. I am not able to change its font name, size
or make it bold.
Also, how do I attach macro code to it to cause it to execute. I am
trying to translate a task given to Excel 2007 users.
Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

I am unable to locate design mode in Excel 2003...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like you created a button using the Forms Toolbar

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"HappySenior" wrote:
How do I add a commandbutton in Excel 2003 and modify its
characteristics? I have pasted a commandbutton from the control group
and modified its caption. I am not able to change its font name, size
or make it bold.
Also, how do I attach macro code to it to cause it to execute. I am
trying to translate a task given to Excel 2007 users.
Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

I am unable to locate design mode in Excel 2003...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"HappySenior" wrote:
How do I add a commandbutton in Excel 2003 and modify its
characteristics? I have pasted a commandbutton from the control group
and modified its caption. I am not able to change its font name, size
or make it bold.
Also, how do I attach macro code to it to cause it to execute. I am
trying to translate a task given to Excel 2007 users.
Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

I am unable to locate design mode in Excel 2003...- Hide quoted text -

Yes, my problem was using the wrong toolbar to add the commandbutton.
I never noticed the Visual Basic toolbar. Using that one, I was able
to change the font on the commandbutton and attach a macro. The
commandbutton works the work it is suppose to. Many thanks to all for
the total contribution! Don