Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inventory questions

I'm working in Excel for Inventory. I made several worksheet in a file.
I want to make a summary page for each worksheet.
I want: when I put the worksheet name in A1 cell, B1 cell refer this name as
worksheet name like:
A1: sheet1
B1: sheet1!$A$1
when I change A1 to sheet2, B1 should chang to: sheet2!$A$1

Anyone knows how to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes, but one more quick question. i am trying to get a link to another
workbook

is there a way to add the other workbook in front of that. i have tried

='[list.xls]&a1&"!$a$1" but that did not work, any help???

"Susan" wrote:

I'm working in Excel for Inventory. I made several worksheet in a file.
I want to make a summary page for each worksheet.
I want: when I put the worksheet name in A1 cell, B1 cell refer this name as
worksheet name like:
A1: sheet1
B1: sheet1!$A$1
when I change A1 to sheet2, B1 should chang to: sheet2!$A$1

Anyone knows how to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You'll havd to do something like the following:

=[list.xls]Sheet1!$A$1&"!$a$1"

you'll havd to substitute whatever your worksheet name is for "Sheet1".
Hope it helps!
--
-SA

"Susan" wrote:

I'm working in Excel for Inventory. I made several worksheet in a file.
I want to make a summary page for each worksheet.
I want: when I put the worksheet name in A1 cell, B1 cell refer this name as
worksheet name like:
A1: sheet1
B1: sheet1!$A$1
when I change A1 to sheet2, B1 should chang to: sheet2!$A$1

Anyone knows how to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=INDIRECT(A1&"!A1")

The first A1 refers to the cell with the sheet name (in your case 'sheet1'),
the second A1 pulls out the value from cell A1 in the referenced sheet.

Joerg Mochikun

"Susan" wrote in message
I'm working in Excel for Inventory. I made several worksheet in a file.
I want to make a summary page for each worksheet.
I want: when I put the worksheet name in A1 cell, B1 cell refer this name
as
worksheet name like:
A1: sheet1
B1: sheet1!$A$1
when I change A1 to sheet2, B1 should chang to: sheet2!$A$1

Anyone knows how to do it?

Answers to questions posing more questions in a workbook sbelle1 Excel Worksheet Functions 2 August 8th 09 01:02 AM
inventory anjarama New Users to Excel 10 December 16th 08 03:31 PM
View Questions and Answer to questions I created Roibn Taylor Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 24th 08 12:05 AM
inventory recipe type data Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 14th 06 01:27 PM
How can i get an inventory list that adds and subtracts inventory James Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 5th 05 12:48 AM