Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StumpedAgain StumpedAgain is offline

Default Inventory questions

You'll havd to do something like the following:

=[list.xls]Sheet1!$A$1&"!$a$1"

you'll havd to substitute whatever your worksheet name is for "Sheet1".
Hope it helps!
--
-SA

"Susan" wrote:

yes, but one more quick question. i am trying to get a link to another
workbook

is there a way to add the other workbook in front of that. i have tried

='[list.xls]&a1&"!$a$1" but that did not work, any help???

"StumpedAgain" wrote:

=A1&"!$A$1"

Is that what you're looking for?
--
-SA

"Susan" wrote:

I'm working in Excel for Inventory. I made several worksheet in a file.
I want to make a summary page for each worksheet.
I want: when I put the worksheet name in A1 cell, B1 cell refer this name as
worksheet name like:
A1: sheet1
B1: sheet1!$A$1
when I change A1 to sheet2, B1 should chang to: sheet2!$A$1

Anyone knows how to do it?