Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Pop-up Question

I have a spreadsheet with a column that contains a formula. I want to create
a pop-up box that when someone trys to type in the cell it pops up with a
warning of sorts. I do know how to make it so that if some clicks in the
cell it creates a pop-up, but I only want the pop-up to appear when they make
the cell active by double clicking in the cell or typing in the cell.

Is this possible??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange _
(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Address = Range("A1").Address Then
MsgBox "Help"

"Steve" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a column that contains a formula. I want to create
a pop-up box that when someone trys to type in the cell it pops up with a
warning of sorts. I do know how to make it so that if some clicks in the
cell it creates a pop-up, but I only want the pop-up to appear when they make
the cell active by double clicking in the cell or typing in the cell.

Is this possible??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,

This is somewhat like the code i have already. The problem with this code,
however is that I have many columns in the spreadsheet that contain formulas
and when people are arrow keying all the way across to check numbers and get
the final number in col BL I don't want them to be annoyed by the numerous
pop-ups that will appear once they move accross the cells. I'm looking to
create a pop-up message that ONLY appears if they make a change to the cell
containing a formula by replacing it with a number.

Again, not sure if this is even possible, but usually with excel if there's
a will there's a way. I myself have just started learning how to write code
and create pop-up messages this week, so obviously I still have a lot to
learn. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

"Steve" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a column that contains a formula. I want to create
a pop-up box that when someone trys to type in the cell it pops up with a
warning of sorts. I do know how to make it so that if some clicks in the
cell it creates a pop-up, but I only want the pop-up to appear when they make
the cell active by double clicking in the cell or typing in the cell.

Is this possible??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never mind all. I have answered my own question. Thanks to all those who
helped me learn. I just scratched the service on learning how to write code
and I am very excited!!
Here's what I came up with to solve this solution. (Hope it helps those who
may need similar solutions.)

If Target.Address = Intersect(Target, Range("A2:G2")).Address Then MsgBox "Ok"
End
End Sub

Thanks again to all those who posted replies and those who posted on this
website! It has helped me greatly get a small handle on basic coding!

Steve