Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sequencing numbers

I am trying to put in macro for my invoices that will sequence the next
number every time I open my invoice file that is saved in excel. Can someone
help me with the programming I am having no luck. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

see JC McGimpsey's site

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Tom Ogilvy

"barb" wrote:

I am trying to put in macro for my invoices that will sequence the next
number every time I open my invoice file that is saved in excel. Can someone
help me with the programming I am having no luck. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For the range of invoice values use get the maximum value to get the highest
number and then add to that.

As the list grows you need to set the range that represents all of you
invoices. Use a dynamic range to do that.,

Nigel

"barb" wrote in message
I am trying to put in macro for my invoices that will sequence the next
number every time I open my invoice file that is saved in excel. Can
someone
help me with the programming I am having no luck. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was at this site but it doesn;t seem to work for me when I try it on my
invoice. I downloaded a template invoice would that make a difference why I
can't add the macro?