-   -   sequencing numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413657-sequencing-numbers.html)

Barb

sequencing numbers

I am trying to put in macro for my invoices that will sequence the next
number every time I open my invoice file that is saved in excel. Can someone
help me with the programming I am having no luck. Thanks

Tom Ogilvy

sequencing numbers

see JC McGimpsey's site

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Tom Ogilvy

"barb" wrote:

I am trying to put in macro for my invoices that will sequence the next
number every time I open my invoice file that is saved in excel. Can someone
help me with the programming I am having no luck. Thanks

Nigel[_2_]

sequencing numbers

For the range of invoice values use get the maximum value to get the highest
number and then add to that.

As the list grows you need to set the range that represents all of you
invoices. Use a dynamic range to do that.,

Nigel

"barb" wrote in message
I am trying to put in macro for my invoices that will sequence the next
number every time I open my invoice file that is saved in excel. Can
someone
help me with the programming I am having no luck. Thanks

Barb

sequencing numbers

I was at this site but it doesn;t seem to work for me when I try it on my
invoice. I downloaded a template invoice would that make a difference why I
can't add the macro?

"barb" wrote:

I am trying to put in macro for my invoices that will sequence the next
number every time I open my invoice file that is saved in excel. Can someone
help me with the programming I am having no luck. Thanks

Tom Ogilvy

sequencing numbers

I can't really say since I know nothing about your template.

Tom Ogilvy

"barb" wrote:

I am trying to put in macro for my invoices that will sequence the next
number every time I open my invoice file that is saved in excel. Can someone
help me with the programming I am having no luck. Thanks

Gord Dibben

sequencing numbers

Post the URL to your Invoice Template

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP