Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sequencing of projects

Hi! I would like to know how to figure out a problem. Facts:
1) You have a long series of Year1 through Year x running across row 1
(starting in cell B1) in worksheet PROJECTS. In column A. there is a long
list of project names (starting in cell A2). In the area B2:Z99 there are
numbers.
2) In worksheet TIMING, the same project names are in column A. In row 1
there are actual years. In the area B2:Z99 there is one "x" (representing
each project's start date) in each of the rows. For example, in row 2, say
the "x" is in C2.
3) In worksheet SEQUENCED, I want to put the value of B2 of PROJECTS in the
cell that corresponds to where the "x" is found in TIMING. In this case, the
value in B2 of PROJECTS will go into C2 of SEQUENCED using an if-then
statement. So far, easy.
4) Now, I want the value of the next cells of row 2 of PROJECTS (C2, D2,
etc.) to go into the next cells of row of SEQUENCED (i.e., D2, E2, etc.). I
also want to drag the formula to the right and down so that the proper
sequence is maintained. So, therefore the content of D2 of SEQUENCED is
dependent upon the content of C2, and so on€¦

Thanks,
Daniel