Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sum true/false

Is there anyway of summing a bunch of rows, that contain true and false.
Where true = 1 false = 0.
I tried changing the cell to a number. with true in it. but no luck.
any other ideas?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do the cells contain 1's and 0's or True's and False's?

How about just count the trues/falses:

=countif(a1:a10,true)
and
=countif(a1:a10,false)

=sum(a1:a10)
should sum the cells if they really contain 1's and 0's.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"greg" skrev i meddelelsen
Is there anyway of summing a bunch of rows, that contain true and false.
Where true = 1 false = 0.
I tried changing the cell to a number. with true in it. but no luck.
any other ideas?
thanks

Hi

Multiply by 1.
If you have True/False in A1 and down, then enter enter this formula in B1
and copy down:

=A1*1

True will equal 1 and False will equal 0.

Regards,
Per

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20))