-   -   sum true/false (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413088-sum-true-false.html)

greg

sum true/false

Is there anyway of summing a bunch of rows, that contain true and false.
Where true = 1 false = 0.
I tried changing the cell to a number. with true in it. but no luck.
any other ideas?
thanks

Dave Peterson

sum true/false

Do the cells contain 1's and 0's or True's and False's?

How about just count the trues/falses:

=countif(a1:a10,true)
and
=countif(a1:a10,false)

=sum(a1:a10)
should sum the cells if they really contain 1's and 0's.

--

Dave Peterson

Per Jessen

sum true/false

"greg" skrev i meddelelsen
Is there anyway of summing a bunch of rows, that contain true and false.
Where true = 1 false = 0.
I tried changing the cell to a number. with true in it. but no luck.
any other ideas?
thanks

Hi

Multiply by 1.
If you have True/False in A1 and down, then enter enter this formula in B1
and copy down:

=A1*1

True will equal 1 and False will equal 0.

Regards,
Per

Bob Phillips[_3_]

sum true/false

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"greg" wrote in message
Is there anyway of summing a bunch of rows, that contain true and false.
Where true = 1 false = 0.
I tried changing the cell to a number. with true in it. but no luck.
any other ideas?
thanks

greg

sum true/false