Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing text from clipboard into a sheet

Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
without saving it first as a text file?
Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?

Please advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Press Ctrl-v to paste whatever is on the clipboard into Excel.

--
Jim
"GorKo" wrote in message
| Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| without saving it first as a text file?
| Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
|
| Please advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

ActiveSheet.Paste

"GorKo" wrote in message
| Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| without saving it first as a text file?
| Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
|
| Please advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jun 13, 10:12 am, Dan wrote:
ActiveSheet.Paste

"GorKo" wrote in message
| Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| without saving it first as a text file?
| Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
|
| Please advice.

Actually I ment importing not pasting so I have a control to which
cells it goes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It will paste to the active cell so you have control by selecting the
correct cell first.

--
Jim
"GorKo" wrote in message
| On Jun 13, 10:12 am, Dan wrote:
| ActiveSheet.Paste
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
| Press Ctrl-v to paste whatever is on the clipboard into Excel.
|
| --
| Jim
| "GorKo" wrote in message

| | Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| | without saving it first as a text file?
| | Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
| |
| | Please advice.
|
| Actually I ment importing not pasting so I have a control to which
| cells it goes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim"GorKo" wrote in message

| On Jun 13, 10:12 am, Dan wrote:
| ActiveSheet.Paste
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
| Press Ctrl-v to paste whatever is on the clipboard into Excel.
|
| --
| Jim
| "GorKo" wrote in message

| | Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| | without saving it first as a text file?
| | Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
| |
| | Please advice.
|
| Actually I ment importing not pasting so I have a control to which
| cells it goes

Thanks Jim for trying to help me but I do not think I have explained
clearly enough what I need. The text file that I need to convert to
excel is like a .CSV file and I need to apply a process like importing
a delimited file where I define columns of the text to be placed in
separate columns of the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

GorKo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Start recording a macro
Select the receiving cell
Data|Import external data|Import data (look for Text file in the "Files of type"
dialog)
(and this is the xl2003 menu system)

Stop recording the macro when you've finished the import.

Jim"GorKo" wrote in message

| On Jun 13, 10:12 am, Dan wrote:
| ActiveSheet.Paste
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
| Press Ctrl-v to paste whatever is on the clipboard into Excel.
|
| --
| Jim
| "GorKo" wrote in message

| | Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| | without saving it first as a text file?
| | Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
| |
| | Please advice.
|
| Actually I ment importing not pasting so I have a control to which
| cells it goes

Thanks Jim for trying to help me but I do not think I have explained
clearly enough what I need. The text file that I need to convert to
excel is like a .CSV file and I need to apply a process like importing
a delimited file where I define columns of the text to be placed in
separate columns of the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

GorKo

--