-   -   Importing text from clipboard into a sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412552-importing-text-clipboard-into-sheet.html)

GorKo

Importing text from clipboard into a sheet

Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
without saving it first as a text file?
Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?

Please advice.

Jim Rech

Importing text from clipboard into a sheet

Press Ctrl-v to paste whatever is on the clipboard into Excel.

--
Jim
"GorKo" wrote in message
| Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| without saving it first as a text file?
| Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
|
| Please advice.

dan

Importing text from clipboard into a sheet

ActiveSheet.Paste

"GorKo" wrote in message
| Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| without saving it first as a text file?
| Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
|
| Please advice.

GorKo

Importing text from clipboard into a sheet

On Jun 13, 10:12 am, Dan wrote:
ActiveSheet.Paste

"GorKo" wrote in message
| Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| without saving it first as a text file?
| Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
|
| Please advice.

Actually I ment importing not pasting so I have a control to which
cells it goes

Jim Rech

Importing text from clipboard into a sheet

It will paste to the active cell so you have control by selecting the
correct cell first.

--
Jim
"GorKo" wrote in message
| On Jun 13, 10:12 am, Dan wrote:
| ActiveSheet.Paste
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
| Press Ctrl-v to paste whatever is on the clipboard into Excel.
|
| --
| Jim
| "GorKo" wrote in message

| | Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| | without saving it first as a text file?
| | Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
| |
| | Please advice.
|
| Actually I ment importing not pasting so I have a control to which
| cells it goes

GorKo

Jim"GorKo" wrote in message

| On Jun 13, 10:12 am, Dan wrote:
| ActiveSheet.Paste
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
| Press Ctrl-v to paste whatever is on the clipboard into Excel.
|
| --
| Jim
| "GorKo" wrote in message

| | Is it possible to import text on a clipboard into a spreadsheet
| | without saving it first as a text file?
| | Or maybe there is an easy way to handle it by Excel?
| |
| | Please advice.
|
| Actually I ment importing not pasting so I have a control to which
| cells it goes

Thanks Jim for trying to help me but I do not think I have explained
clearly enough what I need. The text file that I need to convert to
excel is like a .CSV file and I need to apply a process like importing
a delimited file where I define columns of the text to be placed in
separate columns of the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

GorKo

Dave Peterson

Importing text from clipboard into a sheet

Start recording a macro
Select the receiving cell
Data|Import external data|Import data (look for Text file in the "Files of type"
dialog)
(and this is the xl2003 menu system)

Stop recording the macro when you've finished the import.