Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Value and result in one cell - impossible?

I'm wondering if there's some way to get two values in one cell. This
data involves two values:

A count
That count's percent of the total count

In a column, I need to be able to enter the counts, like this:

24
28
31
49
44

....and it would generate and insert, IN THE SAME CELL, each count's
percent (rounded to .##) of the column's total count, thus:

24 (13.63%)
28 (15.9%)
31 (17.61%)
49 (27.84%)
44 (25%)

I'm not sure that this can be done, according the the Excel Help dox,
but I've fiddled with it as much as time allows with no results. I'm
wondering if maybe a string manipulation approach could be utilized,
where the percentage calculation would occur in a hidden column, then
that result could be catenated to the main column. That would probably
create a loop, however.

The process MUST begin with the initial counts being inserted into the
main column.

Can anybody solve this, if it can be done? Please reply to the group.

Thanks,
Ron M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use two columns, your number in column A and in B1:

=A1&" ("&TEXT(A1/SUM(A1:A5),".00%") & ")"
and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007i