AdrianCl

Default IMPOSSIBLE?

It might be asking a lot but heres the plan:

I want my cell to tell me 2 things (part name and number). When i click on a
cell containing a part number is it possible for another cell to display its
name.

My first thought was whether you can make a cell display the contents of the
highlighted cell's 'Name Box'.
Dave Peterson

Maybe you could have an adjacent cell tell you the name all the time.

Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at:

and

for using =vlookup() and =index(match())

--

Dave Peterson
Jerry W. Lewis

Depends on how comfortable you are in VBA. To produce a result just by
selecting a cell, you would have to write a Worksheet_SelectionChange event.

If you haven't a clue what I just said, consider modifying your plan
slightly. In a cell (A1 for concreteness) type the part number (or type
= and then select a cell conatining the part number, so that the part
number appears in A1). In another cell (say B1) you could then have a
VLOOKUP formula that would return the part name corresponding to the
number in A1.

Jerry