Jerry W. Lewis

Depends on how comfortable you are in VBA. To produce a result just by
selecting a cell, you would have to write a Worksheet_SelectionChange event.

If you haven't a clue what I just said, consider modifying your plan
slightly. In a cell (A1 for concreteness) type the part number (or type
= and then select a cell conatining the part number, so that the part
number appears in A1). In another cell (say B1) you could then have a
VLOOKUP formula that would return the part name corresponding to the
number in A1.

Jerry

AdrianCl wrote:

It might be asking a lot but heres the plan:

I want my cell to tell me 2 things (part name and number). When i click on a
cell containing a part number is it possible for another cell to display its
name.

My first thought was whether you can make a cell display the contents of the
highlighted cell's 'Name Box'.