Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Launch MS Visual Basic = Error in loading DLL

I just had my harddrive re-imaged. I'm using Windows XP SP2 with excel
2003.

I copied over my Personal.xls and Excel11.xlb from my backup and they
both seemed to work properly.

Problem is every time i run excel and go into the vba editor I get an
"Error in Loading DLL" error.
It'll only pop up the first time I go into the editor, but it will
happen with every instance of excel i have running.

Any idea what's going on? everything seems to be running properly but
it's annoying to get this message every time.

thanks in advance,
mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alright, definitely a problem with my personal.xls

I tried deleting it and re-opening the file as an excel file (renamed
Personal_backup.xls) and when loading this file I get the error
message.
Might have to go back and export all my modules, userforms,
etc...that'll be a pain

"MDubbelboer" wrote:
I just had my harddrive re-imaged. I'm using Windows XP SP2 with excel
2003.

I copied over my Personal.xls and Excel11.xlb from my backup and they
both seemed to work properly.

Problem is every time i run excel and go into the vba editor I get an
"Error in Loading DLL" error.
It'll only pop up the first time I go into the editor, but it will
happen with every instance of excel i have running.

Any idea what's going on? everything seems to be running properly but
it's annoying to get this message every time.

thanks in advance,
mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

there are two possiblities I can think of
1) Check you add-ins on your worksheet under Tools - Addins and make sure
you have selected the correct add-ins
2) check in VBA menu Tools - References and make sure you 've checked all
the libraries you are using.

"MDubbelboer" wrote:
I just had my harddrive re-imaged. I'm using Windows XP SP2 with excel
2003.

I copied over my Personal.xls and Excel11.xlb from my backup and they
both seemed to work properly.

Problem is every time i run excel and go into the vba editor I get an
"Error in Loading DLL" error.
It'll only pop up the first time I go into the editor, but it will
happen with every instance of excel i have running.

Any idea what's going on? everything seems to be running properly but
it's annoying to get this message every time.

thanks in advance,
mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

K, well I cheated.
I opened my old Personal.xls as Personal_backup.xls. then disabled
macros on the file.
Then i was able to just drag and drop all the modules/userforms to the
new Personal.xls and everything seems to be working fine.

Still don't really know what went wrong but it seems to be working
now.

thanks