Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default getting macro installed in each new workbook

I have a function that creates new custom workbooks for each client and
distributes them across a network.

How can I get a macro automatically placed in the OnOpen event of each new
workbook when it is generated?

The workbooks are generated from the transferspreadsheet function in Access
using Win XP Pro and Office 2003.

Thanks in advance

--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jeff.

See Chip Pearson at:

Programming The VBA Editor
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

---
Regards.
Norman

"Jeff C" wrote in message
I have a function that creates new custom workbooks for each client and
distributes them across a network.

How can I get a macro automatically placed in the OnOpen event of each new
workbook when it is generated?

The workbooks are generated from the transferspreadsheet function in
Access
using Win XP Pro and Office 2003.

Thanks in advance

--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Jeff.

See Chip Pearson at:

Programming The VBA Editor
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

Thanks for the reference Norman but once each of the new workbooks is
created I am not opening any of them. I was hoping to find something that
could cause a macro/function to be automatically placed in each new workbook
that is created.

I am not sure which of Chip Pearson's solutions to use.

---
Regards.
Norman

"Jeff C" wrote in message
I have a function that creates new custom workbooks for each client and
distributes them across a network.

How can I get a macro automatically placed in the OnOpen event of each new
workbook when it is generated?

The workbooks are generated from the transferspreadsheet function in
Access
using Win XP Pro and Office 2003.

Thanks in advance

--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jeff,

============
See Chip Pearson at:

Programming The VBA Editor
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

Thanks for the reference Norman but once each of the new workbooks is
created I am not opening any of them. I was hoping to find something that
could cause a macro/function to be automatically placed in each new workbook
that is created.

I am not sure which of Chip Pearson's solutions to use.
============

At the suggested link, see Chip's section entitled:

Creating An Event Procedure

---
Regards.
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you leave a blank workbook template with a macro on the network and
start with that? Instead of creating it, copy it.

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com

"Jeff C" wrote in message
I have a function that creates new custom workbooks for each client and
distributes them across a network.

How can I get a macro automatically placed in the OnOpen event of each new
workbook when it is generated?

The workbooks are generated from the transferspreadsheet function in
Access
using Win XP Pro and Office 2003.

Thanks in advance

--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--

"Tim Zych" wrote:

Can you leave a blank workbook template with a macro on the network and
start with that? Instead of creating it, copy it.

In this case I am not able to do that, I was hoping that there was a way to
leave a function/macro some way in the particular system where the process
was running so that every new workbook created by that system would include
the macro.