Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a steep learning curve for excel 2008 VBA as opposed to2003?

A few years ago I did quite a lot of programming with excel 2003 in
VBA but I am aware that excel 2008 has 'discrepancies' to excel 2003
code (one that springs to mind I found just before I stopped was that
rounded corners did not select in 2008). Are all the differences minor
(and annoying) like this or are there some more radical differences.
In short, if you can program proficiently with excel 2003 VBA should
you be able to get into programing escel 2008 quickly with the same
sort of cometency. I know it is a rather vague and generalized
question but I would be interested in your comments.

Thanks and regards, Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 22, 10:22*pm, JE McGimpsey wrote:
XL2008 is a Macintosh product, and doesn't include VBA (MacXL04 did, and
MacXLNext will).

In article
,

wrote:
A few years ago I did quite a lot of programming with excel 2003 in
VBA but I am aware that excel 2008 has 'discrepancies' to excel 2003
code (one that springs to mind I found just before I stopped was that
rounded corners did not select in 2008). Are all the differences minor
(and annoying) like this or are there some more radical differences.
In short, if you can program proficiently with excel 2003 VBA should
you be able to get into programing escel 2008 quickly with the same
sort of cometency. I know it is a rather vague and generalized
question but I would be interested in your comments.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry to waste everyone's time I meant excel 2007 (shows how rusty I
am!). Regards, Mark