Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Navigational Learning Curve

Why do I have to completely re-learn how to use Micro-Soft products every
time there is a new release? I have become quite proficient at using Excel
2003, but now I spend most of my time trying to figure out where things are.
Does the Easter Bunny work for you when he's not hiding eggs? Can I make
2007 look like 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hmmm..., to my opinion you will have to adopt the "new look" one way or
another.
However - there are some Excel users who do not accept the new approach so,
I refer them to the following link where you will find a wonderful "Old
Interface" simulator.
Try it - and then decide if it is worse $ 15.99.
http://www.addintools.com/english/menuexcel/
Micky

"cwmagui" wrote:

Why do I have to completely re-learn how to use Micro-Soft products every
time there is a new release? I have become quite proficient at using Excel
2003, but now I spend most of my time trying to figure out where things are.
Does the Easter Bunny work for you when he's not hiding eggs? Can I make
2007 look like 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Posted by Bob Phillips.................

A few options

MenuExcel
http://www.addintools.com/english/menuexcel/

Tooolbar Toggle
http://www.toolbartoggle.com

XL Menu 2003
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

UBitMenu
http://www.ubit.ch/software/ubitmenu-languages/

and now Smurf has one,
http://www.codematic.net/excel-tools...menu-tab-1.htm, as
has John Walkenbach
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...in_excel_2007/

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:15:01 -0800, cwmagui
wrote:

Why do I have to completely re-learn how to use Micro-Soft products every
time there is a new release? I have become quite proficient at using Excel
2003, but now I spend most of my time trying to figure out where things are.
Does the Easter Bunny work for you when he's not hiding eggs? Can I make
2007 look like 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

cwmagui wrote:

Why do I have to completely re-learn how to use Micro-Soft products every
time there is a new release? I have become quite proficient at using Excel
2003, but now I spend most of my time trying to figure out where things are.
Does the Easter Bunny work for you when he's not hiding eggs? Can I make
2007 look like 2003?

.
TOO LONG! But unfortunately, my office won't buy me a Mac.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

cwmagui wrote:

Why do I have to completely re-learn how to use Micro-Soft products every
time there is a new release? I have become quite proficient at using Excel
2003, but now I spend most of my time trying to figure out where things are.
Does the Easter Bunny work for you when he's not hiding eggs? Can I make
2007 look like 2003?

.
TOO LONG! But unfortunately, my office won't buy me a Mac.

And that would solve what problem? You realize there is a reason they
won't do that.