Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2007 is coming - what will happen to my macros?

We just got the word - we will be "upgrading" to Office 2007 shortly.

I _live_ by my macros! If they worked fine in XL 2000 and 2003, will
they still work in 2007?

I figure I need to make a backup of my Personal, .xla and .xlb files.
I know the toolbars won't show up in 2007, and any macros that show or
hide toolbars on open or close won't work. If I clean these macros
out of my files, should everything else be mostly okay?

Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Most macros will run fine. Cannot guarantee "all" of course. Any
code-generated custom toolbars/menus/built-in menu additions, etc., will
show up, but on the Add-ins tab. As an added bonus your macros will run
slower, so you'll be able to appreciate them longer.<g

If you have customizations save in your Excel11.xlb file they will not
appear automatically on the Add-ins tab, or at least mine didn't (it's been
a while). I believe though that when I did a File, Open on the XLB then
they appeared on Add-ins and they then became part of my Excel 12.xlb (yes,
it's still around).

--
Jim