Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Variable dependent Custom Dialog boxes

I am trying to create a custom dialog box where the number of columns is
dependant on a varable defined in the previous dialog box. Here is as much
code as I have.

Dim ArchNum

Sub BidSheet()
ArchNum = InputBox("Enter number of Arches", Arches)

End Sub

I know this code sets 'ArchNum' to the specified number entered however I do
not know how to translate this value into the next dialog box's format. I
want the variable "ArchNum" to equal the number of columns in a custom dialog
box that displays constant rows of information. Is it possible to alter a
custom dialog box in this manner?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Follow up question. If I it is not possible to create a box with number of
columns dependent on the previous entry of a dialog box then can I change the
number of tabs on a custom dialog box to match this value?

"cparkerUA" wrote:

I am trying to create a custom dialog box where the number of columns is
dependant on a varable defined in the previous dialog box. Here is as much
code as I have.

Dim ArchNum

Sub BidSheet()
ArchNum = InputBox("Enter number of Arches", Arches)

End Sub

I know this code sets 'ArchNum' to the specified number entered however I do
not know how to translate this value into the next dialog box's format. I
want the variable "ArchNum" to equal the number of columns in a custom dialog
box that displays constant rows of information. Is it possible to alter a
custom dialog box in this manner?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How do you load the other "dialog box" and is the "dialog box" a text box,
list box or combo box...? and if there is code associated with it, you should
probably post that also so we can understand what is meant by constant rows
of information. That is: Constant as in static, or constant as in
everchanging which would be dynamic.

"cparkerUA" wrote:

I am trying to create a custom dialog box where the number of columns is
dependant on a varable defined in the previous dialog box. Here is as much
code as I have.

Dim ArchNum

Sub BidSheet()
ArchNum = InputBox("Enter number of Arches", Arches)

End Sub

I know this code sets 'ArchNum' to the specified number entered however I do
not know how to translate this value into the next dialog box's format. I
want the variable "ArchNum" to equal the number of columns in a custom dialog
box that displays constant rows of information. Is it possible to alter a
custom dialog box in this manner?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The "dialog box" I want to load is a custom Userform I created with various
row-labels in a column (quantity, span, rise, width, etc..) and text boxes
next to each label. I guess you could say it is a combo box of text boxes
all used to receive values from the user. What I mean by constant is
definitely static. That is, for each Arch (which is what a column
represents), we must have certain values in order to calculate
quantities...an exact list of numbers must be entered for each arch. This
translates to an exact number of rows for each column. I want to vary the
number of columns to match how many arches need to be described.

So, my question is, can I create a userform where the number of columns
equals the value for "ArchNum"?

I have no code for the second dialog box because I do not know how to
complete it. I am trying to mess around with tabs or pages in a Userform but
do not know how to change the number of tabs/ pages from 2.

"cparkerUA" wrote:

I am trying to create a custom dialog box where the number of columns is
dependant on a varable defined in the previous dialog box. Here is as much
code as I have.

Dim ArchNum

Sub BidSheet()
ArchNum = InputBox("Enter number of Arches", Arches)

End Sub

I know this code sets 'ArchNum' to the specified number entered however I do
not know how to translate this value into the next dialog box's format. I
want the variable "ArchNum" to equal the number of columns in a custom dialog
box that displays constant rows of information. Is it possible to alter a
custom dialog box in this manner?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am still not sure that I understand what you are doing, but from what I
have read and think I understand, perhaps you should use a MultPage. You can
created a different page for each set of values. That sounds like what you
are after, but like I said, I am not really sure. Check the VBA help for
MultiPage. If you think that will work then make a new posting for more
assistance if needed.