Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default worksheet menu bar

Running 2003, xp pro sp 2.

User cannot access the Options item on the Tools submenu in the Worksheet
Menu Bar.

At least one spreadsheet is open.

Options is not greyed out.

When anyone else logs onto her machine, it works perfectly.

I logged on as Administrator and ran Repair via add/change programs - didn't
help her.

The registry contains the following in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Toolbars\Settings

Value 7
Name: Microsoft Excel AWDropdownHidden
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 0x1

Anyone know what this is?

Should I remove it?

She swears she has not deleted or changed
anything and that it worked fine yesterday.

Any ideas about what may have happened?

Thanks - Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This problem has been known to occur when an Excel setting becomes
corrupted. With Excel closed go to this key in Regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

and rename Options to say OptionsX. When you restart Excel it should be
okay although you may lose a few preferences that should be easy to reset.

--
Jim
"Mike Molyneaux" wrote in message
| Running 2003, xp pro sp 2.
|
| User cannot access the Options item on the Tools submenu in the Worksheet
| Menu Bar.
|
| At least one spreadsheet is open.
|
| Options is not greyed out.
|
| When anyone else logs onto her machine, it works perfectly.
|
| I logged on as Administrator and ran Repair via add/change programs -
didn't
| help her.
|
| The registry contains the following in
|
| HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Toolbars\Settings
|
| Value 7
| Name: Microsoft Excel AWDropdownHidden
| Type: REG_DWORD
| Data: 0x1
|
| Anyone know what this is?
|
| Should I remove it?
|
| She swears she has not deleted or changed
| anything and that it worked fine yesterday.
|
| Any ideas about what may have happened?
|

| Thanks - Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--
Mike

"Jim Rech" wrote:

This problem has been known to occur when an Excel setting becomes
corrupted. With Excel closed go to this key in Regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

and rename Options to say OptionsX. When you restart Excel it should be
okay although you may lose a few preferences that should be easy to reset.

--
Jim
"Mike Molyneaux" wrote in message
| Running 2003, xp pro sp 2.
|
| User cannot access the Options item on the Tools submenu in the Worksheet
| Menu Bar.
|
| At least one spreadsheet is open.
|
| Options is not greyed out.
|
| When anyone else logs onto her machine, it works perfectly.
|
| I logged on as Administrator and ran Repair via add/change programs -
didn't
| help her.
|
| The registry contains the following in
|
| HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Toolbars\Settings
|
| Value 7
| Name: Microsoft Excel AWDropdownHidden
| Type: REG_DWORD
| Data: 0x1
|
| Anyone know what this is?
|
| Should I remove it?
|
| She swears she has not deleted or changed
| anything and that it worked fine yesterday.
|
| Any ideas about what may have happened?
|

| Thanks - Mike

I thank you, my user thanks you, her boss thanks you - worked great.