Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 0x1

Anyone know what this is?

Should I remove it?

She swears she has not deleted or changed
anything and that it worked fine yesterday.

Any ideas about what may have happened?

Thanks - Mike

Jim Rech

worksheet menu bar

This problem has been known to occur when an Excel setting becomes
corrupted. With Excel closed go to this key in Regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

and rename Options to say OptionsX. When you restart Excel it should be
okay although you may lose a few preferences that should be easy to reset.

--
Jim
"Mike Molyneaux" wrote in message
| Running 2003, xp pro sp 2.
|
| User cannot access the Options item on the Tools submenu in the Worksheet
| Menu Bar.
|
| At least one spreadsheet is open.
|
| Options is not greyed out.
|
| When anyone else logs onto her machine, it works perfectly.
|
| I logged on as Administrator and ran Repair via add/change programs -
didn't
| help her.
|
| The registry contains the following in
|
| HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Toolbars\Settings
|
| Value 7
| Name: Microsoft Excel AWDropdownHidden
| Type: REG_DWORD
| Data: 0x1
|
| Anyone know what this is?
|
| Should I remove it?
|
| She swears she has not deleted or changed
| anything and that it worked fine yesterday.
|
| Any ideas about what may have happened?
|

| Thanks - Mike

Mike Molyneaux

worksheet menu bar

--
Mike

"Jim Rech" wrote:

This problem has been known to occur when an Excel setting becomes
corrupted. With Excel closed go to this key in Regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

and rename Options to say OptionsX. When you restart Excel it should be
okay although you may lose a few preferences that should be easy to reset.

--
Jim
"Mike Molyneaux" wrote in message
| Running 2003, xp pro sp 2.
|
| User cannot access the Options item on the Tools submenu in the Worksheet
| Menu Bar.
|
| At least one spreadsheet is open.
|
| Options is not greyed out.
|
| When anyone else logs onto her machine, it works perfectly.
|
| I logged on as Administrator and ran Repair via add/change programs -
didn't
| help her.
|
| The registry contains the following in
|
| HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Toolbars\Settings
|
| Value 7
| Name: Microsoft Excel AWDropdownHidden
| Type: REG_DWORD
| Data: 0x1
|
| Anyone know what this is?
|
| Should I remove it?
|
| She swears she has not deleted or changed
| anything and that it worked fine yesterday.
|
| Any ideas about what may have happened?
|

| Thanks - Mike

I thank you, my user thanks you, her boss thanks you - worked great.