Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default =IF Formula to find both < and

Hello,
This should be a layup, but I'm stuck:
I'm trying to write a simple excel line which provides a TRUE / FALSE
result, comparing one value with two other values, to ensure that the
single value lies between the other two values. A1<B1<C1.

So, if A1=3, B1=4 and C1=5, I'd like to write a line where if:
A1<B1<C1, I obtain a TRUE result. But if A1=6, B1=4 and C1=5, and I
run A1<B1<C1, I obtain a FALSE result (63, which breaks the rule).
I've been trying =IF function, but am only getting good result if I
only compare one value (ie either A1<B1, or B1<C1, but not both).

Thank you for any ideas. I'm very rudimentary in Visual Basic, so was
hoping I could keep this to just Excel lines, but could branch out if
necessary.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=AND((A1<B1),(B1<C1))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200784
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 5, 10:15*am, wrote:
Hello,
This should be a layup, but I'm stuck:
I'm trying to write a simple excel line which provides a TRUE / FALSE
result, comparing one value with two other values, to ensure that the
single value lies between the other two values. A1<B1<C1.

So, if A1=3, B1=4 and C1=5, I'd like to write a line where if:
A1<B1<C1, I obtain a TRUE result. But if A1=6, B1=4 and C1=5, and I
run A1<B1<C1, I obtain a FALSE result (63, which breaks the rule).
I've been trying =IF function, but am only getting good result if I
only compare one value (ie either A1<B1, or B1<C1, but not both).

Thank you for any ideas. I'm very rudimentary in Visual Basic, so was
hoping I could keep this to just Excel lines, but could branch out if
necessary.

Yeah, that works with simple numbers, but when B1 is a result, such as
C3+C4, I get invalid TRUE/FALSE returns.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah, that works with simple numbers, but when B1 is a result,
such as C3+C4, I get invalid TRUE/FALSE returns.

Can you show us an example of that (showing us the values you have in each
of the cells)?

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 5, 10:30*am, Gary''s Student
wrote:
=AND((A1<B1),(B1<C1))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200784

Thanks, but still getting invalid results. The B1 value is actually a
sum of links to two other data pages: =RTD("XX.RTD", "",
A9,"sell","price") + =RTD(...). Could this be the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It would help a lot if you posted the problem that you are trying to solve

" wrote:

On May 5, 10:30 am, Gary''s Student
wrote:
=AND((A1<B1),(B1<C1))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200784

Thanks, but still getting invalid results. The B1 value is actually a
sum of links to two other data pages: =RTD("XX.RTD", "",
A9,"sell","price") + =RTD(...). Could this be the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 5, 10:53*am, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
Yeah, that works with simple numbers, but when B1 is a result,
such as C3+C4, I get invalid TRUE/FALSE returns.

Can you show us an example of that (showing us the values you have in each
of the cells)?

Rick

Sure, but it gets a bit lengthy because A1 and C1 are links to a live
feed data source (Galaxc) and B1 is the result of multiple links.

Again, I'm looking for A1<B1<C1, either TRUE or FALSE, whe

A1: =RTD("Galaxc.RTD","",A10,"buy","price")
B1: =D5+D6
C1: =RTD("Galaxc.RTD","",A10,"sell","price")

D5: =RTD("Galaxc.RTD","",A10,"settlement")
D6: =E10+E11
E11: =IF(G10=TRUE,H10,J10)
E12: =RTD("Galaxc.RTD","",A12,"sell","price")
G10: =IF(RIGHT(F10,1) = "0", TRUE, FALSE)
H10: =IF(G10=TRUE, (E10+C10)/2, "bid/ask")
J10: =IF(I10<B10, I10+2.5, I10-2.5)